Licensed medical marijuana dispensary provides guidelines for using this alternative medicine in a safe and mature way
Like any medicine, cannabis can be misused. And while there are numerous medical reasons to use cannabis, excessive or inappropriate use can contribute to problems including sleeplessness, overeating, and time management issues. Due to the political climate surrounding cannabis use research, clinical studies have produced widely conflicting conclusions about the true benefits and potential side effects of this alternative medicine. Always listen to the advice of your doctor and use good judgment when using medical cannabis.
These guidelines help those who use medical cannabis identify ways of accessing the alternative medicine in a positive, safe and mature way.
- Adults should only use cannabis as part of a healthy, balanced, and responsible lifestyle.
- The decision to use cannabis should be made freely, and not as a result of social pressure.
- Cannabis users should be well informed about its effects on themselves and others. These effects include legal risks, health and wellness risks, and personal consequences.
- Never use marijuana as an excuse for antisocial or irresponsible behavior.
- Cannabis users should model and reward responsible use, particularly with new users.
- Develop sensible cannabis use limits for yourself based on personal, health, medical, situational, and cultural factors. It is important to be objective about your personal cannabis use and listen to the constructive advice of others.
- Avoid cannabis use that puts you or others at risk, such as when driving, at work, or in public places. Remember, personal use of cannabis is still NOT LEGAL under federal law, and penalties are stiff.
- Use of cannabis by children is inappropriate, unless recommended by a licensed medical doctor.
- Cannabis and alternative medicine use should contribute to, rather than detract from, a patient’s health, wellness, creativity, work relationships, and social obligations.
Continue browsing our site for more information on the responsible use of medicinal cannabis.